Today marks Canada’s first ever National Day for Truth & Reconciliation, honouring those children who survived Residential Schools and in remembrance of those who did not.
We encourage you to consider spending Orange Shirt Day:
– Reading Phyllis Webstad’s book, “The Orange Shirt Story”
– Reading the 94 calls to action in the Truth & Reconciliation Report
– Purchasing Orange Shirts from Indigenous owned organizations & designers whose proceeds contribute to this cause
– Attending events hosted by the National Center for Truth & Reconciliation
– Donating to Residential School Survivor Crisis Lines
Let’s take action and stand with our Indigenous, Métis, and Inuit neighbours.